How apt that the 100th day of my lifestyle overhaul should be New Year’s Eve–something about new beginnings and celebrating achievements and all that.
I’ve never really gone in for New Years resolutions–why limit yourself to changing your life only 1 day per year? And, for me (and many, many other people), they’ve never stuck.
But I do think setting achievable goals is good in any area of your life. So here are my goals for 2014. Some are already in progress. None of them require massive life changes — they’re all related to things that are already part of my life. I think I can manage that. 🙂
- Chip away at my established fitness goals
- Run in four 5k races
- Graduate to a barbell-based lifting program
- Figure out my TDEE and a safe, small deficit for moderate weight loss
- Eat cake and all other foods without regret
- Backpack at Glacier
- Thru-hike a section of the Pacific Crest Trail
- Upgrade my very old, falling-apart MacBook to a fancy new desktop Windows PC plus iPad
- Visit faraway friends and family
- Learn 3+ new board games
- Read 12+ books
- Finish 6+ knitting projects
- Continue the blog for the whole year
That’s enough! I have to have time to sleep, work, relax with the BF, and play with the pirate kitty, right?
For now, I’ll leave you with the greatest New Year’s Eve scene in film history. Here’s to the rest of your life starting as soon as possible!
Miles to Mordor: 3.1
In search of my TDEE:
kCal: 3478 (oh my. New Year’s Eve… Booze… Appetizers… My calorie count could be way off in either direction but I tried.)